Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taking time

I've been gone for awhile and thought I needed to let you know why and when I'll be back.  I started this blog with lots of plans and thought it would be fairly simple.  How hard could it be to pick a recipe, make it, and write about it?   I found that not only was it not "simple", but more importantly I didn't like the way it was turning out.  While I was following my original vision, I don't think simply posting a recipe (that is not original) and a photo is all that helpful.  I love all of my cookbooks and the authors are all so good, they deserve more than a few comments about one recipe that I happened to pick out.  I also love to cook, and as a dietitian I often take recipes and "tweak" them or just throw something together that ends up being pretty good.  I want to share those ideas with you too!

So I've taken some time off, have talked to other food and nutrition bloggers and am taking another look at my vision.  I'm going to expand this blog a bit and I will relaunch it in the new year.  I am still planning on going through all these cookbooks I have collected (and continue to collect!) and share my favorite recipes from each, but also want to share tips and some of my own creations too! 

So, thank you for your patience and I'll be back on line soon!  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment